The club is moving forward with a lot of things happening. A whole lot of work is being done by many people.
- Thanks to Tom and Terry the mowers annual maintenance has been completed with one part still coming. (cooling fan)
- Thursday evening a group of kids will be at the field with their teacher and some parents to learn about aviation and our hobby.
- Mother nature isn’t cooperating so the field rolling is tentatively going to happen Friday.
- Saturday May 8 the Winter Buster fly in will begin at 8:30 am. Pizza will be available for lunch. Bring you own drinks. Set up is Friday at lunchtime for whoever can come and assist. This should be a fun time.
- Sunday May 16 some of us are going to the Sky Squires club outside Marion Illinois for a tailgate swap meet and fun fly. Anyone wanting to go, or needs a ride or directions message me. Some of the people from their club will be coming to our Winter Buster to support us.
- Saturday May 15 will be our next club meeting at the field 9:00am. There will be a lot to discuss, but the main topic will be making plans and preparations for the June 12 TAG (Take Off and Grow) AMA flying event. The event is currently planned to be for both Saturday and Sunday with all the logistics to be discussed at the meeting. We will be making plans on how to set up demonstrations, displays, and buddy boxing planes for the public to try. We will be looking for help and ideas on how best to show the public all the aspects of our flying hobby. How we will communicate and advertise the event will be discussed as well.
- Great News to share!!!!!! The AMA has approved our TAG grant application for the maximum amount! The funds will be used to promote this event, and set the club up for future growth of the club members. Equipment for the club to use for training will be procured. We have lots of plans to make. Come to the meeting and share your ideas.
If you have ever wondered what it would be like to fly a model aircraft, then here’s your opportunity. Join us at the Paducah Aero Modelers “Take off and Grow” event on June 12 &13, 2021. This event is designed to further expose and introduce the model aviation hobby to the community. There will be static model aircraft displays, workshops on the construction and controls of aircraft, and computer flight simulators for a hands-on pre-flight experience prior to talking flight with a certified AMA Intro pilot instructor on a cordless buddy box system.
Presentations on the basics of flight will be offered throughout the day and every child will receive a Balsa glider with a hands-on flight experience.
Paducah’s Makerspace technology will be providing community education and demonstrations on the methods advanced technology promotes growth in the digital economy.
The event starts and 9:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM. Admission is free to the public, but seating is limited, so please bring portable chairs. The Paducah Catering Company will be on site from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM with food, snacks, and drinks.
Location: McCracken County Model Air Park, 501 County Park Rd, Paducah, KY, 42001
GPS: 37o 05.413‘ N and 088o 39.928‘ W
Come and join us for the second annual Paducah Aero Modelers’ River City 3D Bash! This three-day outdoor event is certain to be a fun time for all.
The flight line opens at 8:30 am daily. There will be pizza on Friday for lunch, concessions throughout the day on Saturday and a fish fry starting at 5:30 pm.
Admission is free to the public, so bring your chairs and be prepared to watch one of the finest and most thrilling air shows in this region.
We look forward to seeing you at the McCracken County Model Air Park, home of Paducah Aero Modelers!