The club is moving forward with a lot of things happening. A whole lot of work is being done by many people.
- Thanks to Tom and Terry the mowers annual maintenance has been completed with one part still coming. (cooling fan)
- Thursday evening a group of kids will be at the field with their teacher and some parents to learn about aviation and our hobby.
- Mother nature isn’t cooperating so the field rolling is tentatively going to happen Friday.
- Saturday May 8 the Winter Buster fly in will begin at 8:30 am. Pizza will be available for lunch. Bring you own drinks. Set up is Friday at lunchtime for whoever can come and assist. This should be a fun time.
- Sunday May 16 some of us are going to the Sky Squires club outside Marion Illinois for a tailgate swap meet and fun fly. Anyone wanting to go, or needs a ride or directions message me. Some of the people from their club will be coming to our Winter Buster to support us.
- Saturday May 15 will be our next club meeting at the field 9:00am. There will be a lot to discuss, but the main topic will be making plans and preparations for the June 12 TAG (Take Off and Grow) AMA flying event. The event is currently planned to be for both Saturday and Sunday with all the logistics to be discussed at the meeting. We will be making plans on how to set up demonstrations, displays, and buddy boxing planes for the public to try. We will be looking for help and ideas on how best to show the public all the aspects of our flying hobby. How we will communicate and advertise the event will be discussed as well.
- Great News to share!!!!!! The AMA has approved our TAG grant application for the maximum amount! The funds will be used to promote this event, and set the club up for future growth of the club members. Equipment for the club to use for training will be procured. We have lots of plans to make. Come to the meeting and share your ideas.
Join us for this fun filled day of open flying. The flight line opens at
Admission is free to the public. Seating is limited, so please bring
portable chairs. We will have our flight instructors on site offering free
introductory flights on a cordless radio system.
Pizza by the slice and drinks will be available for a small donation during
the lunchtime hours.
We have sanitary facilities on site, but no electricity or water hook-ups.
The model aircraft pilot landing fee is $10.00 and an Academy of Model
Aeronautics (AMA) membership is required.
For information, contact Kyle Smith, cell (270) 519-7776 or e-mail
Park Address: McCracken County Model Air Park
501 County Park Road, Paducah, KY
GPS coordinates: 37′ 05.413′ N and 088′ 39.928′ W