Western Kentucky/Southern Illinois Stunt Champs Allen Brickhaus Memorial
AA Contest at McCracken County Model Air Park Paducah, Kentucky:
Sat. & Sun., August 18 and 19, 2018
Located just off of I‐24 at either Exit 3 or Exit 4 just south of the Ohio River between Metropolis, Illinois and Paducah, Kentucky. Our sanction number is 446.
Three competition and one practice (well‐manicured grass) circles will be available.
This traditional date contest will begin registration at 8:30 a.m. Saturday (18th) morning. Pilots’ meeting for OTS, Nostalgia 30, Profile (side mounted engines only), (Basic Flight, and Beginner 6 min. time limit) will happen at 9:00a.m with first flights at 9:30 a.m. Sunday (19th) will have Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert classes with registration at 8:00a.m. Pilots’ meeting will be at 8:30a.m. with their first flights at 9:00a.m. All events are JSO. Pilots are asked to fill out their own names and AMA numbers on score sheets and present them to the judges prior to each flight.
BOM will not be in affect; no appearance points will be awarded. Awards will be determined for Best OTS model, Best Nostalgia 30 model and Pilot’s Choice for PAMPA. Flyer must have built and finished his/her model to be eligible for any Concours award. ARF models are not eligible for any Concours awards. One B.A.R.F. award will be given to the highest scoring ARF model/pilot in PAMPA, also a Best Warbird flight on Sunday in PAMPA. A High Point Champion will be chosen upon results of Profile, OTS, Nostalgia 30, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. Entry fees: $15.00 for the first event, $10.00 for 2nd event. $25.00 allows pilot to fly any events with no extra cost. All Juniors and Seniors fly FREE. Awards will be given for the highest scoring Junior and Senior in the PAMPA events.
#Charles Reeves, 8310 Moore Road, Paducah, KY 42001 Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
#Jim Lynch, 1249 West Perkins Road, Memphis, TN 38117 Email at email@example.com
Awards will be available for first, second and third place in each class. Please print out /read field/contest rules posted at the tabulation table area or at www.paducahaeromodelers.com
Your proper AMA or similar association numbers or letters MUST be permanently affixed to the upper right wing, fuselage side, or rudder area of each model. ID numbers must be a minimum of 1” in height.SAFETY THONGS MUST BE USED PER AMA RULES.
Maps to the Paducah area and some hotel telephone numbers are listed in this flyer. We recommend the Days Inn for a stay at the contest. A block of 15 rooms are availabe for $49.99 + tax. The cut off for making reservations is August 1, 2018.
2018 WESTERN KENTUCKY/SOUTHERN ILLINOIS STUNT CHAMPS
- We are few, (control liners) in the Paducah Aero Modelers
- We cannot continue our contest without outside help
- We appreciate all who help us and volunteer to assist
- The local way of accomplishing this contest may be different than yours. We have plenty of fast food places within two miles.
- We will have extra water, please drink plenty of it. Donations accepted
- Please use trash bags provided
- Each circle has a pull tester, help each other use it properly
- If lines do not come off, you do not have to pull test again that day
- Please fill out your own scoring sheets with your name and AMA number
- Fold all your sheets and keep them in your right or left back pockets
- Hand-deliver sheets to judges prior to flight
- Allows assurance of correct flyer and name on score sheets
- Our judges encourage the brief visit
- Your launcher can also bring the sheets to the judges
- Tabulators are volunteers, do not harass them
- If there are problems, come to me to resolve any issue, or politely ask for a recount on #’s
- You have three attempts for two official flights, best flight wins
- Any ties will be settled by the second flight score
- All take-offs include the one lap slow rise to level flight plus two level flights
- Then you will have two more laps prior to your second maneuver; go six laps to be sure
- OTS must use a hand signal after the third lap
- OTS flight is official when the climb and dive are accomplished
- Basic Flight is official when the maneuver after the take-off is done
- Beginner is official when the wingover is complete
- Int., Adv. and Exp. flights are official when the model is inverted during the wingover
- Level flight is judged perpendicular to the earth’s axis
- Due to unleveled ground, bottoms can be judged from fve foot from the ground, or five foot from level flight, inform judges
- If the wind changes and judges cannot move to the needed spot on the circle, the judges are encouraged to allow the flyer the best “call” the judge can make
- Although we work hard on the field surface, any take-off or landing problems should be in the pilot’s favor if the surface seems to be at fault
- Basic Flight and Beginner have a six-minute time limit as published
- Safety thongs must be worn on all flights
- Do not take handle out of YOUR hand prior to the model landing roll-out and stop
- Models must have the pilot’s AMA number, no less than one inch in height, affixed to the upper outboard wing, to the rudder, or the fuselage side. We have masking tape and magic markers available for each pilot.
We will have an Olympic Stand picture session with all three top pilots in each class. Many thanks to those who traveled so far to fly at the WKSI
Please check your scores soon after your flight(s). We can re-calculate at the site.
Once the Olympic Stand pictures are taken, the scores stand as they are with NO changes.
Maps and Lodging Information
Exit 3 on I-24
America’s Best Value Inn
270-575-9605 Comfort Inn
270-442-1616 Super Eight
270-575-9605 Ramada Inn
Fern Lake Camping 270-444-7939
Exit 4 on I-24
Motel Six 270-443-3672
Drury Suites 270-441-0024
Drury Inn 270-443-3313
Holiday Inn Express 270-442-8874
Days Inn 270-442-7500
Pear Tree Inns 270-444-7200
Comfort Suites 270-442-2080
Hampton Inn Suites 270-442-0200
Country Inn Suites 270-442-2201
Candlewood Suites 270-442-3969
Directions: http://www.paducahaeromodelers.com/directions.htmlGPS coordinates: 37o 05.413′ N and 088o 39.928′
2018 WKSI Event Flyer